(OOC: I'm having troubles with watcher notifiations about this update, so I'm resubmitting it to the group so you'd see)
UPDATE 2: I made all the charms!
Now I will take them for some sightseeing of Slovakia, and after Easter, I will be sending them to the 1st person in the list.
I tried to create an optimal route for them to get across the entire globe. Some people will have to send them farther than others, but I can't do much about that, unfortunately. The order in which you'll get them is as follows:
Here is a (very schematic) map. If I missed a few... hundreds... kilometers, sorry
I mostly just marked the states, not exact cities. If you have any troubles with this route and want to change it, or if you think you see a more effective one, let me know!
UPDATE: The registration for the project is closed! I will buy the colors of clay I'm missing yet, and make the charms now (can take a while, I didn't expect such a great response
) But if you didn't register, and still want to take part, you still can send me a note with your address! The true deadline is when I send the charms to the first person, you won't be able to join after that.
Hello, my dear Noldorin Icon Family
I would like to see the world and meet you all... and with your help, I'm going to do that!!!
1. I will make clay charms representing the icons of all family members who will participate.
2. I will send them all to the participating person who lives closest to me. That person takes their charm, and sends the rest of them further, to the next nearest address... until there is only Finrod left, and the last person sends him back to me (I hope)
3. All of the charms are a gift, and you don't have to pay anything for them. However, if you participate, you need to insure the shipping to the next person in the list, preferrably by 1st class, as we don't want them to get lost somewhere on the way. They won't weight much, so it should be possible to cathegorize them as a letter, which is not that expensive.
4. I will send a "travel diary" with the charms. When you get them, you can write a message for the others in line there. Also, you should take a photo of the charms and upload it to the group, so we know where they are and what they are doing
You can get as creative with them as you'd like. Finrod would also appreciate if you took them for some sightseeing and took photos of them before the touristic attractions of your town/country. But please, don't keep them longer than a week or two, and send them further.
5. You can join this project by sending me a note with your address. I will try to create the optimal route for Finrod's travels. I will give your address only to the person who's in the line before you, and to nobody else.
6. Making the charms can take me some time, so I'm not sure yet when the traveling really starts. I will inform you when they are on the way. Registration into the project is open until February 28th
. You need to be a member of
to participate. Also, I will be checking every address just before the "tourists" are sent to it, so no worries if you are going to move!Participants:Charms so far:
(they are about 3,5 cm high)